About this course
The Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE)
Officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, the Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) certify your level of competence and knowledge of the Spanish language. They open the doors to universities for you, but they will also close them to you, if your level is not good enough. The Instituto Cervantes organizes examination sessions, while the Universidad de Salamanca in Spain designs the exams and is in charge of corrections and the final evaluation of all exams. What are they?
What is DELE used for?
DELE (Diplomas de español como lengua extranjera) is a certificate of linguistic competence. It is aimed at all people whose mother tongue is not Spanish and who wish to move to a Spanish-speaking country, whether to study at a university, do an internship or even work. It therefore opens the doors to Spain but also to all of the South American continent (except Brazil).
These diplomas are indeed the only ones to be officially recognized by the Ministerio de Educación y Cultura de España (Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports), as well as by many Spanish-speaking countries and institutions.
Which test to take?
In accordance with European standards, the DELE provides for 6 skill levels, from A1 to C2. The classification is as follows:
– A = elementary level (Breakthrough – Waystage): can understand and use common expressions, can introduce himself, ask simple questions and answer;
– B = independent level (Threshold – Vantage): can understand concrete and abstract subjects, express himself with ease on subjects relating to his experiences or opinions, possibly on technical subjects;
– C = experienced level (Effective Operational Proficiency – Mastery): can understand demanding texts, speak fluently on complex subjects, with fine nuances.
Nature of the tests
Each test has a written part and an oral part in front of an examiner. Its duration and degree of difficulty depend of course on the level. Thus for the A1 test, the writing lasts 90 minutes while for the B2 it lasts 210 minutes.
Each test includes several exercises of different types aimed at checking your reading, speaking and expression skills. The B test also includes vocabulary and grammar questions.
DELE exam dates and registration deadlines:
How can I register?
– First of all, you will have to fill out attached form and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org us to with a photocopy of the identity document (front and back) or passport.
– Once we have received your documents, we will send you an invoice.
– You must proceed to the payment of the invoice by check or by bank transfer; once we have received said payment, we will proceed with your registration.
– You will then receive a registration confirmation (the registration receipt) and the payment receipt.
You can get more information here or come to our school where we will be happy to help you.
If you need more information, please contact us by phone +33 (0) 667 537 741 or by email (email@example.com).
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.